The air is getting crisp, leaves are starting to turn yellow, red, orange and brown. In the mornings and evenings, we wrap ourselves in cozy oversized cardigans. We take in the last warming hours of midday sunshine. We relish our last chances of the year to walk barefoot on the grass. We crave for more soothing, hearty drinks to warm our bodies. Yes, summer is saying its’ goodbyes. Yes, autumn is taking the stage. Time for some cacao & spices elixir to heat our tummies and boost our immune systems.
When the seasons change, our bodies need a little extra lovin’. This cacao and spices elixir has a lot of goods in store for supporting our self-healing powers. It sure doesn’t hurt that every sip feels like hugs for our souls either.
recipe for one serving
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (f. ex. oat or almond)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons tahini (liquidy)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- manuka honey/regular honey
- Bring milk in pan to a low boil.
- Add all other ingredients except for the honey, stir well until blend over lowest heat.
- Through a filter or sifter (to lose the grated ginger pieces), pour the elixir into a cup.
- Add honey (if you use manuka honey, make sure not to overuse).
- Relish, my dears. Relish.
Let me know how you like the recipe. And savor the transformative time of the seasons. It makes me want to watch “You’ve got mail” – just maybe, I am watching it right this moment while typing these very words…who knows :).
-your tiny woman in a giant world