Dear lovely readers,
long time no peep. But I am here now and to make up for the lack of enchanting notions that I sent your way this past months, I’m starting off this little comeback with a delicious (and healthy!) recipe that’ll be the perfect sweet addition to your cup of coffee: chocolate chip banana buttermilk muffins. They are fluffy, they are juicy, they are super-easy to bake. Without further ado, here comes the recipe:
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Buttermilk Muffins
makes about 16 muffins (if you fill the muffin cups completely like I did)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or more, or less)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or more, or less)
- about 1/4 cup freshly pressed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. It really doesn’t need too much stirring. Make sure there are no flour pockets.
- Add in as much chocolate chips as you like.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full of batter. I didn’t, so they came out huge 🙂
- ENJOY with a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Let me know how you like them!
I’ll be back with more enchanting notions these upcoming days. Looking forward to sharing with you.
-your tiny woman in a giant world
post scriptum: this recipe is an adaption of “Together as Family’s Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins”.