This following notion is take 1 (the impact of morning routines on us) of 2 (the beauty of seasonal morning routines).
Recently, I have been philosophizing about how different the unique ways are through which we all view tiny aspects of life — these tiny aspects ultimately sum up to define our world view. I find that we have to mix up actions and activities within certain areas of our lives from time to time in order to freshen up this world view and reconsider opinions we have to ultimately have a wiser and more educated, experienced and most of all relaxed perspective on everything. This said, there is a special impact morning routines have on us, don’t you think?
Morning routines: a repetitive scheme of actions and thoughts
6.30 am. The alarm goes off. In my head the actions after my getting out of bed are playing precisely. Before we make our ways out of bed in the morning, we instantly go over the next steps. The way we start into the day, the things we do morning in morning out, we do through a repetitive scheme. A repetitive scheme not only of actions but also thoughts. Special drinks we insist on in the morning — like coffee, smoothies or green tea. Our preferences regarding breakfast: oatmeal, pancakes or no breakfast at all (I do not recommend that, it’s healthier to have breakfast — a nutrient-rich breakfast fuels your body with energy)? Turning on the news while having breakfast or watching your favorite YouTube videos (my current morning obsession: Late Night with Seth Meyers’ “A Closer Look” — this format is so incredibly funny and intelligent!)?
The impact of morning routines on us
Everyone takes different input through different actions in the morning. This input through actions makes us think specific thoughts. Surely, our thoughts do not exclusively develop through the activities and extrinsic content that we take in. But thoughts do not only derive from ourselves either. So switching up our morning routines from time to time is a great way to break through a creative blockages or just overcoming a phase in which you feel unchallenged or feel the need of freshness in your mind.
Alternative morning routines
One method to gaining a new perspective is by following new routines, like doing things differently in the morning. Here is a collection of ideas for your new morning routine from me for you.
- The Mindful Routine: Om your way into the day.
- Yoga/meditation/stretching on a mat in the biggest room available in your apartment/house upon awaking, with instrumental meditation music in the background
- get ready
- breakfast: Matcha tea and rice cakes with cashew cream and superfood toppings (honey, goji berries, chia seeds, nuts, cinnamon), fruit bowl
- breakfast location: whatever room looks at the sunrise, create a cozy corner
- read a book alongside your breakfast or write something down, whatever crosses your mind or whatever thought you are involved with that very moment
- The Wild Routine: Dance your way into the day.
- turn funky music on
- get ready dancing (contemporary, ballet moves, jazz, hip hop or whatever moves you feel like doing) your way through every day of your home
- prepare breakfast, still dancing
- breakfast: healthy oatmeal cookies with nuts, dried fruits and a smoothie
- breakfast location: whatever room looks at the streets or the sunrise
- watch funny videos or read funny lines alongside having breakfast
- The Intellectual Routine: Inform your way into the day.
- stretch upon awaking
- turn on a documentary channel or news (TV or radio)
- get ready listening
- breakfast: brown bread with almond butter or cream cheese and superfood toppings (honey, goji berries, chia seeds, nuts, cinnamon), or jelly, cappuccino with coconut milk
- breakfast location: kitchen
- read the paper alongside having breakfast
Switch up your morning routines and have a new look at the world from a different angle, it will brighten up your worldview. Do not miss my upcoming notion on the beauty of seasonal morning routines next week.
Have a weekend full of fresh & fun perceptions x
-your tiny woman in a giant world