As you’ve been following the V-Day countdown, Valentine’s Day is only 5 days away. Time get the love-themed baking on!
Searching for a yummy recipe on Pinterest, I stumbled upon a Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe by Amy’s Healthy Baking. I do love oatmeal cookies (and so does everyone I know), and this recipe sounded particularly healthy which — only a month after the Christmas Holiday
Indulgence season — was a plus. So I took the recipe and pimped it up for Valentine’s Day gift making purposes. Beware that these cookies really are healthy (besides the glaze), so they do not taste like your average crunchy sweet cookies. I added a white chocolate vanilla glaze and a little citrus that freshens the taste. They turned out to be delicious and look totally cute — a great gift for your health-conscious gal pals.
Here is how you make the Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cups spelt whole wheat flour
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- lemon juice, optional
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- white chocolate
- Mix the melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla extract and honey and a little lemon juice thoroughly until blended.
- Stir in the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Put the frozen raspberries under warm water for a few seconds. Slice them in halves and stir in the dough.
- Chill the dough for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This step is quite sticky: Form the cookies into heart-shapes and bake for about 18 minutes. I did not flaten them enough, so make sure you do.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack. In the meantime: melt the white chocolate and stir in vanilla.
- Once cookies cooled off, glaze with the chocolate-vanilla mixture. Before eating, wait until glaze is completely firm.
- Enjoy over a cup of coffee! / Or wrap in red napkins, put in a nice little cookies’ box and make them a present for your loved one(s) 🙂
Let me know how you like them! xo
-your tiny woman in a giant world